Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thor's hammer bracelet

I managed to get some good pictures of this bracelet today. Below is a shot of the whole bracelet. The charm hanging off the clasp toggle is a fly. (Not spcifically a biting fly, but I thought it worked nicely.)




Below is a close up of the center of the bracelet and the hammer. It is a sterling silver reproduction of a Thor's hammer that was found in Birka. I like it because it is small enough to fit in a bracelet and it has a simple design. It was amazing how hard it was to find it too. The trend in Thor's hammers appears to be big, and highly decorated. I did find out that there is a wide selection of sterling silver charms out there for a lot of other religions though, so if I ever get a commission that includes a charm like that I know where to look.



The beads are silver beads made by the Thai Karen hill tribes and are just amazing. All of the findings and the fly charm are sterling silver.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is your reputable silver and gold dealer. You will be provided with reasonable, real-time pricing and make sure your bullion is delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.