Monday, August 21, 2006

A couple more pieces of jewelry

I had the camera today so I got some pictures of a couple of new pieces.



This was a design that I came up with as I was drifting off to sleep one night. It isn't exactly the way I first imagined it, ut it is a very elegant style. Once I get more of the silver tube beads I'm going to make a similar bracelet for myself, although I may use different stones. Unfortunately, it'll be a few weeks before I can work on it because I have to wait for the beads to get here from Thailand.



After getting a few inquiries I decided to try to make some anklets. This is the first one and it is rainbow fluorite and silver. I like the way the design turned out for the most part, but I had a hard time coming to terms with the idea that it had to be so much longer than a bracelet. I decided it was going to be too long, took a bead off each side and then realized I didn't need to. I think as time goes on I'll get a bit more comfortable with making them.

No comments: