Sunday, October 22, 2006

Some more bracelets

I worked on jewelry yesterday so I have a few more pictures to post here.




This was a bit of an experiment, because I wanted to use the green dragon tiles but I wasn't sure quite what to use with them. In the end I used two different colors of jade which worked well.





This one was a lot of fun to make. I've had the bone frog bead for a while and it seemed like the perfect centerpiece for a bracelet. I used kyanite and labradorite with it because both stones shift color in the light and have teal highlights which went well with the frog inlay. This is the bracelet out of this seeion that I'd make a copy of for myself if I could find another frog bead.





This bracelet is lepidolite (the beads in shades of purple) and rhodochrosite (the raspberry sherbert colored beads). It was another experiment in combining colors. I think the combination worked well, but I may end up thinking of it as the sherbet bracelet because of the color of the rhodochrosite.


I wasn't sure if this design would work at all because it is onyx roundelles and turquoise coin beads, but it worked remarkably well and ended up being a very elegant bracelet.

No comments: