Sunday, November 05, 2006

Working on leatherwork

I'm in the middle of another leather project, a small bag for my Etsy store, and I've decided on a few things. The first is that Sunday is a good day to work on the stages where I have to wait for things to dry because I'm busy with doing other stuff so I leave the leather pieces alone to dry. The second is that baby food jars are an excellent place to store small amounts of antique, finishes and glue to use while I'm working. I use the small foam paint brushes to apply those things and baby food jars have a wide enough mouth to fit the brush in. In addition, they have a lid so there is a lot less waste and if I have to step away the cats can't get into or spill anything. In the case of dyes and antiques the glass won't pick up any of the color so they can be cleaned and reused for something else. All around they are the perfect thing for the job.

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

No comments: