Thursday, December 21, 2006

No. . .problem I can make that

We call the tendency to not be able to just say no as seven letter syndrome because you end up saying 'no problem' rather than 'no'. Mom called a week before we left on vacation to ask if I could help her out by making a couple of bracelets because he gifts she had ordered for my second cousins were not going to work. Since I am a good daughter, and I have that seven letter syndrome, I said sure and ended up spending a good chunk of that wee alternating between trying to work out the bracelet designs and get ready for our trip. The final results were both made with glass and sterling silver beads, silver charms and findings and are strung on Accuflex wire.



This one has a mix of Thai Karen Hilltribe heart charms and sterling silver puffed heart charms. The beads are a combination of two different types, the bicone beads are milk glass beads, and the round pink beads are Czech druk beads. It closes with a silver heart shaped lobster claw clasp. This was the more challenging design because I had a hard time getting the design to work out and having the bracelet be the right length. It took three tries to get it right and of couse it was the one I worked on last on the day I had to get it delivered to Mom.


This one has a mix of silver charms with an enameled silver charm as the centerpiece. All of the glass beads used for this bracelet are Czech druk beads, but they all have slightly different finishes and the black beads are somewhat triangular along with being a bit longer. This one went together much easier but it took a bit to get the design to balance out well.

I won't know until Christmas what the recipients think of them, but Mom was very happy with the designs and they were fun projects. I just need to remember I work better if I have a bit less pressure.

2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

Very interesting and unique jewelery.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is your reputable precious metals dealer. They will provide you with bargain, live rates and guarantee that your bullion arrives to your door discreetly and securely.