Saturday, March 03, 2007

My first ACEO

I am trying something new for my Etsy store, I'm making ACEOs. ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions, and Originals and is a small piece of collectable art. The only rule fo them is that they have to be 2.5 by 2.3 inches. It's interesting to be working on that small of scale and I'm finding that they are a nice way to try out new techniques or materials. My first one was pretty simple, it's just a stamped and engraved piece.



Of course I had to be silly and use my medieval stamps and the iron oxide dye but it really is a simple design. The one I'm working on right now is a tooled interlace design.

I'm still planning on continuing my series of pieces on doing leatherwork, I'm just adjusting it a bit. It occurred to me that it would be good to get pictures of the different tooling techiques so it made more sense so I'm working on that right now. I may just go ahead and talk about dyes and finishes while I'm doing that, but I have't decided yet.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I always wondered what ACEO stood for. Yours turned out brilliantly. I think you may have inspired me to try one out myself.