Thursday, June 14, 2007

Monogramed card case


I was asked to do a monogrammed card case and this is almost, but not quite, the end result. his picture is about mid-way through the process, but it is a nice shot of the monogram itself, plus I didn't remember to get a picture of the finished piece before I mailed it off. The monogram itself is done in Lombardic capitals, tooled and then painted with metallic pewter paint while the rest of the piece is dyed black. I had to laugh at myself while I was getting ready to start the tooling, I didn't like any of the common alphabet styles for the monogram so I ended up looking through The Art of Calligraphy by David Harris trying to find something I liked. I think the moral there is that you shouldn't ask someone who dabbled in calligraphy to monogram something because you never know what you'll get.

No comments: