Wednesday, July 04, 2007
The final verdict for the initial trial
The pieces have dried and I've gotten the finish put on them and all in all I think everything went well. I did discover while putting on the finish that it is very easy to pull the stain up off the leather and out of impressions when the finish is applied which means that neither piece has quite as even of staining now as it did in the initial picture. The same thing happens with antique but not to this extent, so I'm going to have to sort out if it was not leaving the pieces to sit and dry long enough between steps or the applying the finish with a sponge brush that did it.