Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On sales and liking what you make

I had a large sale from my Etsy store yesterday, one of my largest ones to date, and it got me thinking about a few things. One is that while I love everything I make I never stay too attached to any of it. If I really wanted any of them I would just keep them or make one of my own so it doesn't bother me to send them off into the world. I'm not sure why I feel that way at all, but it works for me so I'm not going to worry about it. I just tend to be very nervous while they are in transit and I worry about if the other person will like it or not. I also realized that I have a tendency to end up making one of a kind pieces just because I get bored using the same tooling designs and stamping designs, but I don't want to specifically market anything that way beyond ACEOs because I don't want to be tied down, I want the option to reuse a design if I want to. This isn't something I every consciously decided to do, it just happens to be the way I ended up doing it. Is it just part of the way I am or is it connected to the craft I do? I'm not sure at all, but it makes for a nice of philosophical thought oin a Tuesday evening.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

It almost sounds like your results are more art than craft. Perhaps you see your creations as design originals.