Sunday, July 15, 2007

Small journal cover

This is another piece I finished recently, and I think it came out quite nicely.



The tooling is based on a Persian embroidery design, and was done in the inverted carving style. This was a test piece for some of the newer metallic acrylic paints that I've gotten and they worked well, although I think I may need to start doing a number of light layers to get good coverage with the paint. This one just closes with a deer lace that wraps around a metal button which is a lot easier to set up than the bead toggle closure so I may end up using this style in the future.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Well I do love fluffy flowers. Very pretty :)

Noemi said...

Thanks! I never really thought of thaqt, but when tooled like that they are fluffy flowers. I'll have to remember that. :-)

Nina Kuriloff said...

the journal cover is very, very lovely!
:)