Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Squeeeee!

The new stains arrived yesterday and so far they are working exactly like I had hoped, a lot like the antiques I usually use. The only issue I have found so far is that if you are using the lighter colored stained on tooling leather that is sunburned or a bit darker in color the stain will not cover it as well and that darker base color will show through. It's not bad as long as you know about it and I think I can use that fact to create some cool effects. I am waiting on a stamped test piece and a cut design test piece to dry then I can finish them and get some pictures to post. I also got an ACEO tooled and painted to see how the stains work over that. Based on a discussion with another seller on Etsy I may try to use these stains as a wash over a dyed piece as well, but I'm going to need to get the right design for that.

The iPod case kit is not quite what I was hoping for, unfortunately. I think it may still help me with working out my own pattern so it isn't a complete loss though.

No comments: