Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's so very. . .pink

I frequently struggle with making only things that I like and trying to make things for a broader audience, which is something I think many artisans and craftsmen struggle with. There are times when it's harder for me than others. I prefer more subtle colors with a touch of something to draw interest rather than bright or bold colors. Somehow though I ended up with a full side of pink cowhide. It's not a pastel pink pink either, I could deal with that because while it's not my first choice it's a more subtle color. No, this is much darker shade of pink, pretty close to fuchsia which has made it hard to work with. I have no point of reference on if a piece made from it looks good or not because I'm so weirded out by the color. So, I made an iPod case case out of it:



To add to the unsettling effect I added a black applique with rhinestones and spots. Someday, maybe, I'll come to terms with the color of this leather. Until then it's going to freak me out every time I go to work with it.

2 comments:

ArtsyChaos said...

Haha... fuschia is my favorite color !!

Purple Dream said...

My daughter would really flip over this! Her two favorite colors together.
~Peace~
Purple Tracy