Saturday, February 21, 2009

Emboidered band


This is for one of my current projects for myself, it will eventually be part of a decorative applique on a small purse. The embroidery is done in a variegated silk floss from a company called Hand Dyed Fibers. The color is called Dragon Opal and is one of my favorites from them. The leather I'm using is a pearlized grey lambskin and it's been interesting to work on, it's light weight enough that I haven't had to prepunch the holes for the needle.
Over all, this is going to be one of my trial runs for making purses using the Necchi and I'm hoping to be able to finish this project before we go on vacation at the end of March so I can give it a good test run.

2 comments:

JPATPURSES said...

I love this emboidered piece! You are so creative! I use to do so many different types of crafts but don't seem to find the time like I use to!!
Following your blog girl!!

:)
JPAT

K @ Blog Goggles said...

That's gorgeous!