Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tendrils journal cover


This is the beginning of my newest large project, the next step will be to cut the design and start tooling. (Well, after I go back and put the remaining bit of the design in on the lower right corner.) The current plan is to do silhouette carving for the tooling, dye the main part of the cover green and paint the tooled section in burgundy. Now that I have it transferred to the leather I'm wondering if it's going to turn into one of those "what was I thinking" sort of pieces.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Staley said...

Wow, that's going to be beautiful!

Howling Caterpillars said...

Wow! That's beautiful already, Raven!

Noemi said...

Thank you! I loved this design when I found it, I hope it turns out the way I'm imagining it.

UNEARTHED said...

That looks exquisite!

Sewlutions' World said...

That pattern is very pretty and detailed. I can't wait to see the colour you will add.