Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tendrils journal in living color


I'm relatively happy with the end effect, the paint turned out to be much more of a purple burgundy than I expected, but I like the end effect. (It's my own fault, I had this mental image of what the color should be rather than looking at the sample the store had.) The dye, as usual, ended up being uneven and I'm still not sure if I want to go in and do touch ups. I expect it would help if i wasn't so impatient, by the time I get to this stage I really don't want to mess around with multiple light coats of dye so I guess I just need to learn to love the effect the uneven dyeing creates.

3 comments:

Howling Caterpillars said...

It's lovely!
I'm glad you didn't mess with it!

BlenderBach said...

It's beautiful! I totally know what you mean about the dye :D

You know who said...

Or learn some patience, grasshopper. :-)