Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tendrils journal in living color


I'm relatively happy with the end effect, the paint turned out to be much more of a purple burgundy than I expected, but I like the end effect. (It's my own fault, I had this mental image of what the color should be rather than looking at the sample the store had.) The dye, as usual, ended up being uneven and I'm still not sure if I want to go in and do touch ups. I expect it would help if i wasn't so impatient, by the time I get to this stage I really don't want to mess around with multiple light coats of dye so I guess I just need to learn to love the effect the uneven dyeing creates.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

And now for something completely different --

For my shop of course:


I've done a couple custom belts but this will be the first pre-made one in my shop. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I love that buckle. It's funny I put the buckle on just for the photograph but it looks so nice I'm going to keep them together. Next step will to work on more belts so this guy isn't lonely when I list him.

Then it is on to making some test run bags, a messenger style one and a small purse that I want to have done before going on vacation in December. That way I can try them out and make sure they work before I start making them to sell.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Tendrils journal cover step three


I finished to tooling on the tendril journal a couple days ago and went over it last night to even out the tooling. The next step is dyeing, and I applied the first coat of dye this afternoon. Depending on how it looks when that first coat dries I may need to do another coat. Once all of that is done I will paint the tooled area. I'll definitely be sure to get a picture after all that done.